Things you should always do:
- Always handle your lenses with clean, dry hands. Wash, rinse, and dry your hands with a lint-free towel before touching your lenses.
- Clean & disinfect your contact lenses with fresh solution each time you remove them. Always remember to use fresh solution. Do not add more solution on top of what’s already in the case.
- Always refill your lens case with new solution instead of adding more solution on top of what’s already in your case.
- Insert contact lenses before applying makeup and take them out before removing makeup.
- Keep your contact lens well lubricated at all times, either with artificial tears in your eyes, or stored in solution in your contact lens case
- Remove contact lenses before taking a shower, swimming, or doing anything where water gets in your eyes.
- Disinfect your contact lenses every 30 days.
- Keep your contact lens case clean.
Things you should never do:
- Use tap water or saliva on your contact lenses.
- Rinse or store contacts in water (tap or sterile water).
- Use saline solution or re-wetting drops to disinfect your lenses. They are not disinfectants.
- Insert contact lenses if they are damaged.
- Keep contact lenses longer than 12 months from when you take it out of the blister packs.
- Wear another person’s contact lenses.
- Sleep with your contact lenses in.
- Place contact lenses on top of a television or any warm or hot appliance.