- Place the clean lens on the tip of the index or middle finger of your dominant hand (if you’re right-handed this would be your right hand), and pull down the lower lid with the middle or ring finger of the same hand. Use your other hand to hold the upper lid firmly open.
- Look directly at the lens or look directly into a mirror and place the lens directly on the cornea (the large coloured circle in the centre of your eye).
- Slowly release your hold on the lid. If there are any air bubbles beneath the lens, close your eye, and with the eye closed, roll the eye gently. Another way of getting rid of air bubbles is to massage the lids very lightly. Under no condition should your rub your eyes.
Removal of the lens
Look up. With middle finger, hold down lower lid. Use forefinger to slide lens to lower part of eye.
Pinch lens with thumb and forefinger and remove without excessively folding the lens.
If you have never used contact lenses before, it is advisable to:
- Use the lenses for a maximum of 2 hours when first applying them
- Gradually increase their use up to a maximum of 8 hours per day